Saturday, April 2, 2011

Instant Donuts

No deep fat frying. No syringes. No yeast. These are my almost instant donuts which use a classic Yorkshire pudding method! They take only 20 mins start to finish... and much less time to eat (as you can see from the picture!)


Makes 10

150g plain flour
Pinch of salt
100 ml water
150ml milk
2 eggs
sunflower oil
Strawberry jam
Sugar for rolling

Put 1/2 tsp of sunflower oil into 10 holes of a 12 hole muffin tin and put into the oven whilst it is preheating to 200C.

Put flour and salt in a bowl. Make a well. Add milk, eggs and water. Whisk for a minute with a (non-electric) hand whisk.

When oven has reached temperature. Spoon runny mix into the 10 oiled holes.

Cook for 15 mins, until risen and golden. Baking magic!

Remove from tins and roll in sugar whilst still hot, being careful not to burn your fingers!

Make a hole in the middle with the handle of a spoon. Spoon 1/2 a teaspoon of jam into the centre of each.

Eat while warm for pure pleasure! Can you eat a whole one without licking the sugar off your lips?

6 comments:

  1. So perfect! I tried something like this with the refrigerated biscuits and frying...Did not work real well. Love this recipe though!! Thanks for saving me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm... gonna try this, LOVE donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How perfect! This is my first visit to your and I've spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mama, made them again today. They are SO good. All modesty has deserted me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ppsst... also really nice with treacle and whipped up double cream... this is what we had with left over yorkshire pud when I was a kid :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your sweet thoughts!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...